Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Tit for Tat

My sister recently posted this photo on her blog excited to find a cafe in Nye Beach, Oregon named after me so I'm returning the favor by posting......this photo of a new restaurant in our area called Mimi's. Mimi is the name that my sister chose to be called as a grandmother. Court is Popi to her Mimi. She didn't think me calling her "MeeMaw" right after learning Maya was pregnant was funny. It's not that likely that I'm going to find a cafe called Valori's since not only did my parents name her Valori to p.o my paternal grandparents (they didn't like my mom much) but they spelled it V-A-L-O-R-I to further poke the "bears".
I was tickled when I saw the signs go up that Mimi's was coming soon knowing that I'd get a photo-op and return her favor. We've since eaten there; the food is great, pricey but great with big portions. Thumbs up on Mimi's and on Mimi The Grandmother, too!

No comments: