Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Leesburg/Luckett's two weeks in a row?!

Hubby took Friday off since the kids were off school and he was hoping we'd be able to head to O.C. for the weekend. The weather did not cooperate. It was nice enough on Saturday for him to play golf but, having taken an extra day off, he was antsy. So, when I mentioned that Hillary of Chicks Picks was offering Mellie's art at the Luckett's Annual Sale, the guys wouldn't dare refuse to join me in supporting the cause.
Here we are; Hillary, me, and Cristina.
And, just as I arrived, Hillary was wrapping one of Mel's pieces going home with this lucky girl. My camera (or me) was acting up so sorry for the grainy resolution but at least you get the point...great timing.
And here's just one of the many displays of Mellie's art.
Out in the tents, there were other vendors and here's one of the cool pieces...frou frou chairs covered in old feed sacks...very chic.
Inspiration that Karen and I have talked about in the past. It's hard to imagine I can take our old (one year) turtle cage and make it look like this...we'll see.
Loads of great vignettes of inspiration.

3 comments:

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

Isn't Lucketts the best?? I'd go two weekends in a row if I had the chance!

Mippie said...

YIKES! Gadzooks! I really missed a great show! I am so tickled that you walked in on one of my sales and was able to photograph it! Thank you! xo-Mellie

Maija said...

I LOVE the photo of you with the girls! I ordered a pair of tights similar to the very cool ones you are wearing in the photo!