Saturday, August 9, 2008

Shops...

Portland
On my "Always in Portland" list includes a trip to Anthropologie. I've been to several in different cities but this one in downtown Portland is my fave. Check out the clock above. We must all acknowledge that I did not buy the clock even though I'm a clock fanatic and this was an ultimate one. Could have been the sheer size and "how would I get it home" or even the $8000 price tag. Still, a little credit is due. I just get so inspired by their creative vignettes.
Giant bowl with potatoes spudding.
Many hanging jars of potatoes and other sproutings.
Initials everywhere but the French rack with items on the bottom was the draw here. Another credit for $3600. Why do I never find these things at garage sales?
Lots 'o hanging light bulbs; a very cool way of recycling burnt out bulbs-I'm on it!
On every one's list of "Landmark to-dos in Portland" includes Buffalo Exchange, above. I've been shopping at those for at least 20 years starting in San Francisco; they have them in a handful of cities including New York. Also on the list is Powell's, below, a gynormous bookstore which takes up three stories of a full block sized building. It's awesome. If you happen to be making your own list it should also include Peet's Coffee. I'm not a coffee drinker but it's a gotta-go-to place for java lovers.
Inside Out
What a fun shop this is; one of many in Corvallis. Caution: some items shown in these pictures may not still be in the shop. The second trip in I started talking to one of the owner who has good friends in Leesburg, VA and was just in the area not too long ago. Small world.
Lots of cool nature-inspired this and that which makes my heart go pitty pat.
Who doesn't like an umbrella inside? It's unAmerican to not love it!
A chandelier of crystals, stone bugs, and lanterns-beautiful especially against the green walls.
Emma Downtown
This is the shop housed in the building below John's (see Decor post) home, Emma Downtown.
And your caught right inside the door, no way out without buying several things.
Eye candy abounds in every corner and in between.
Some items are missing since this photo was taken. No, I won't do a before and after, "find what's missing" challenge here.
But I can say since talking to my mom from back home here in Maryland today that the missing items are on their way via UPS as we peek.
Even the dressing room was a place where you could just close the door and stay for a while.
Lots of good. And more to come...

No comments: