Thursday, December 20, 2007

It's beginning to look a lot like Scroogetta has left...

I was completely uninterested in decorating for Christmas this year. Last year the guys "let" me decorate the tree any way I wanted to in exchange for them getting to do it this year. They did not forget. I work hard all year getting my house to look just like I like it so I don't look forward to mixing it up.THEN I went to work for Deb at Bayberry Cove. Well I got over not decorating fast. I realized after starting to buy and be surrounded by all the wonderful decorations that I have loved for so long and collected little by little over the years that one of the reasons I don't look forward to Christmas decorating was that the majority of our decorations were ones that my mom had tossed off to me about 15 years ago. The same crap I never did like. I don't know why I'd never noticed it before, I guess it's because I wasn't that into it in the first place.
Above is the big, soft, fab snowman that Deb gave each of Beth and I for Christmas. Hanging around Snowman's neck is the wonderful bear ornament that Amy gave me. Below them is an antique wooden snowman vignette from Paul's family heirlooms.
This is one of my acquisitions from work. I had seen it in a magazine somewhere but didn't realize how big it is, it's about 5 X 7 and soooooooooooooooo great and fun.
Matt but not Chloe had fun putting on reindeer ears.
I finally finished my project from Pam Garrison's class from Silver Bella and it got it's own home too.
Little vignette starting with the sugary church and antique angels.
The piece from Charlotte Lyons' class I also finally finished.
I've heard enough about the big red balls hanging from the over the sink light fixture but, come on, big red balls with dots?
Still haven't been able to get a good picture of this sweetie guy under the glass cloche but you get the idea, right?

No comments: