Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Mini Baby Shower for Ma Powers and Company Christmas Party!!!

She's like Mary Poppins. When Amy Powers comes around you just know something special is going to happen. Well, knowing that Ma Powers was coming to "the office" on Thursday, on my way home Wednesday night I decided that we'd turn the visit into a mini-baby shower for her. I already had what I wanted to give her, all I had to do was whip up some cup cakes at midnight. I had Martha cup cake papers and oatmeal/chocolate chip cookie dough, so voila, I made cookie cup cakes. I was so ready EXCEPT I didn't check my emails and so didn't know that Deb had decided we'd use the occasion to have a "company Christmas party". We were all over the place with fun! Amy shows in her famous pink coat with one of Beth's (bethsbagz.com) corsages.
The kick-off of the mini-shower (when I think of that term, it makes me think of that pic of her in the bubble bath in Carmel-that was a maxi-shower!!!!).
Beth and Amy petting and studying the little assemblage I made for the nursery.
Have you ever seen anyone so photogenic? Deb's nine-year-old son, Matt, chose this gift for Amy himself...Huck Finn...how perfect?!
Then we step into the company Christmas party mode (where I was completely unprepared in the giving department). Amy starts it off with a fab apron from Deb.
Here's the pincushion Beth made for me...OMG, right? Wow.
Deb and the pincushion that Beth made for her. That's Sassy on top, just like Deb's own furry cat.
Giant, soft, sweet, wonderful snowman that Deb gave to me and Beth and the little bear ornament and ultra-fab packaging from Amy. Coming soon...see the two together in my home decor.
Deb's gift vignette, the pincushion and one of Amy's amazing glittery houses and scenes.
Following a great lunch at Chevy's it was back to reality but with full bellies and hearts so warm we could heat all of Falls Church from there.

2 comments:

amy said...

1. I need to retrain my face not to smile quite so largely.

2. I need to make an appointment to get my teeth whitened. You'd think I soak my teeth in coffee every morning...oh wait, I do!

3. I need to thank you for such a wonderful day and such a wonderful gift. I love it and I love you.

Love,
Ma Powers

Anonymous said...

That was the best fun ever! We needed it after all that work. Thank you so much for putting your own busy, busy life on-hold to help in Bayberry Cove's crisis! I have made a new dear friend in you, Stephanie and would love to return the favor one day! Love ya and Happy Holidays! XXOO - Deb