Friday, June 27, 2008

Jewels of the Sea Swap and Why I Like Deadlines

Thrice in one week I've waited until the day a project was due to start AND complete it. And this swap, above, was no different. Heather, the hostess, sent out an email yesterday saying that she's already receiving swap pieces but not looking but the artists had posted photos of their contributions on her swap Flickr site. I went on to see what was what and got so inspired that I finally sat down (didn't have any hairdos to keep me from getting at it) and created these...
...I was really trying not to do what anyone else was doing but I was edified by how the other artists were "packaging" their pieces. So instead of just doing the pendant, I made them then mounted a scallop shell onto a sea-inspired postcard, filled the shells with brown paper shreds, then tied the pendants onto the card/shell with ribbon. Here's how they look...
I hope the ladies like them and I can't wait to see what comes in my mail!!! Thanks so much Heather!!

7 comments:

Jessi Nagy said...

hey girl,
yours are darling.
i can't wait to see all of them!!
oxoxo,
jessi

Tina(Taken over by her daughter, Nicole) said...

Those are yummy! wish I was gettin' one..lol..

Recycled Rita said...

These are wonderful! I wish I was in this swap! Love the packaging!
karen b...
recycledrita.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

You have made me laugh until I've about peed my pants with all your hair drama! Okay, now to the goods; I'm in that swap and there is just way to much goodness (I want it all!)

Julie B.
Roswell, NM

Maija said...

Not only is the pendant gorgeous, you packaging makes it extra delightful!

Anonymous said...

wowzers they all look soo amazing! thanks so much for the sweet comment and birthday wishes on my blog ! hope you had a wonderful 4th !!!
xo,
beth
www.bethquinndesigns.com

Anonymous said...

oh my oh my..... is it possible to have you make one for me? I'm totally obessing about having 'sea' themes and your pieces are over the top amazing!!

thanks for considering it.. Pat Sloan
pat@patsloan.com
www.patsloan.com