Sunday, July 6, 2008

New art at the shop plus...

Here are some new looks and new art at the shop. I had decided that I'm going to sell the new sofa. I'm hiding behind it as I type this as I know there are some of you who are not going to understand this decision. I had to go with the guys on this one, it's not as comfortable as the one we've had for 12 years-I know. The beautiful Victorian I rescued from going over the wall at the dump is sooooooooooooo fabulous but it really should be in a real living room. We have a family room; our formal living room is used for Paul's study as we knew we would not use it otherwise. And it's the one thing Julie B. would not have thrown me under the truck for grabbing! Sorry girl.
So I was bent on moving it UP THE STAIRS into my room at the shop-ha! Well I took some things out and moved everything around which, thank goodness, was due anyway but there's no way three normal extra-strong men could get up the stairs with that. And Jody and Tammy had just decorated the stairway walls so cute and I'da had to take it all off even if I found some group of generous neanderthals to do it (California needs its governor right now). No kidding, it's like a piano.
That's when I decided that the DC Big Flea was in my future. It's my best shot at selling such a nice, genuine antique piece. In the meantime the rearrange was a good thing and I got some new art made and in.
The Flea is weekend after next. As the time gets closer I'll share some of my new concoctions with you. Just like any good liberal, if there's a problem with something (eg., it's not selling) I just throw more money at it. There have been lamps in my past that had many different shades before they were accepted into a new family. I rarely give up, I just wait until I've put 4 times the amount of money into it than I price it then put it on 50% off.
If only some one could discover a way to make creating art and making money go together. Then we'd have to drop the "starving artist" handle. I'm ready to drop it like a hot potato. Oops, I almost forgot to mention the "plus". We've got a great old truck that pulls up to the shop everday now and sells fresh, local produce from our parking lot!!!! It's so great. I'll get some photos and share what the deal is. It's very cool. DID I MENTION LOCAL???????

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Stephanie!~~Yay! You're going to be a the Big Flea! Suzy and I are going to be there shoppping out little hearts out and what a thrill to see you again! I know you'll make big $$$ for Silver Bella--you GO girl!~~~XXOO, Beth