Saturday, August 8, 2009

Back it up...in between...

So I left out a post which should be between Bermuda and the DCBF. Right after we got home from Bermuda, Cedric (above left) called to see if we could meet them in Williamsburg to go to the swim park. These are The Tanksleys-if you need remembering, they were our next door neighbors and closer than most of our family other than my boys. We love them and they moved back to Georgia last December. If you remember my post, it was like loosing an arm. Anyway, Matt and I had little colds and weren't feeling well so we said we weren't up for meeting that we'd just get well while they were there and be ready for them by the time they got here. Missing us as much as we missed them, they decided they couldn't wait to see us so they blew off Williamsburg and drove straight through landing on our front porch at 3 a.m. So it was the group above minus Uncle Allen (between Matt and Alec) plus Sean (not pictured above but below).
It's a little daunting when they unpack though I love having them here so much that I just box up all my little "perfect house" feelings and set them on a shelf and choose to enjoy and soak in every moment that they are here. Laundry, dishes, bodies, and mostly electronics everywhere.
Matt and Alec, bff's and just like brothers. They should be together full time; definitely two peas in a pod. Pod peas.
Sweet, sweet C.J., here watching the movie of the hour...
...cousin Sean cruising the net...
...Cedric cruising the net...
...Alec and Matt PSPing...even Paul was swinging the controller around on the Wii. Cedric got a great deal on big flat screen t.v. from his cousin so we had to big t.v.s-one with Wii and the other with a loud action movie, 4 laptops, a P.S.P., and everyone a cell phone all in one area of the house. Come bedtime bodies were everywhere. Seriously, you had to be careful where you walked in case someone had moved during the night somewhere or another. I could not live like this for more than a limited amount of days at a time but I loved every minute for four days. They are better than family or visitors because they come and go as they please, I cooked one evening meal-eat it or not, no expectations from each other except to enjoy each other as much as possible. There our arm went down the road again and it's been too quiet and boring since. The only things that started to make me antsy was the flea coming up, that was the only bad timing-I had to start thinking about getting it together for that. And even then, on the day I felt I had to get down on the floor and put together some new things for the flea, Andre' and C.J. spent hours on the floor with me talking about life, love, love lives, and anything and everything else. Don't get me wrong, we did go outside. Lots of time at the pool, movies in theaters and a trip to Andrews Air Force Base-that was exciting, I hadn't thought about it before we left but then it hit me at the entry about who flies in and out of there-wow, it's just a neat feeling to be where that action is. Plus the PX, my first trip to one. I don't know what PX stands for but it should be G&C, Good and Cheap. Loved it! One of these days I hope we'll end up living a little closer to each other again...maybe in Texas...

No comments: