Monday, December 15, 2008

Time flys like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana...

Yesterday was my oldest son's, Lucas, birthday. TWENTY FIVE YEARS OLD. A quarter of a century. Wow. My niece, Maya and first baby love, turned 27 last week. I'll try to avoid all the usual cliques about how it's like yest...but it does go fast. What makes it wonderful is to see how they grow and change into themselves in their own way; finding out who they really are. I'm so proud that Lucas is my son. Lucas, you have been over 25 years of joy to me because I loved you the minute I knew you existed and being pregnant with you was even wonderful. Having you at home in a calm, intimate setting was such a blessing even if it didn't keep you from being all boy and diving off the deck head first over and over at two years old. There's not one subtle or usual thing about you; you are so special and unique, and no dull moments! I swear I believe I remember every day I've spent with you in your life. You have a heart of gold the size of Texas (probably because you were born there!). I love you more than you'll know until you have a child of your own. Until then, know that you are with me in my heart every moment.

No comments: