Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Mira, Mira Again! I Got Ink Again!

There is not much humble about me, I love having my picture and/or words in the newspaper. I guess I can defend such feelings by saying that I feel validated and heard. So here's the article that was in the Baltimore Examiner last week that set my fuse: P.S. If you can't read it, here is the link: http://www.examiner.com/a-895512~Walter_E__Williams__Liberal_views__black_victims.html Here's my rebuttal letter that was in the paper today. Paul and I "debated" my thoughts most of the time that I was writing this letter. He always plays the devil's advocate even though he agreed with me on some points. He thought I was misconstruing Mr. Williams' recommendations of a solution. The article steamed me at the get-go with his gun control stance, one I ponder constantly. "Guns don't kill people, people kill people", puleeeeeeeeeeeeeese. Throw a rock at me, take a swing, I'll take the odds. If you can't read this, here's the link: http://www.examiner.com/a-903145~Letters__August_28__2007.htmlThis is the only part that the paper edited out of my letter, I mean no prejudice here, just stating what I think is an obvious fact of irony:
Here is an excerpt from an article, Japanese Gun Control, by David B. Kopel (http://www.guncite.com/journals/dkjgc.html), (Mr. Williams sited Japanese-Americans in his article), “Gun control in Japan is the most stringent in the democratic world. The weapons law begins by stating 'No-one shall possess a fire-arm or fire-arms or a sword or swords', and very few exceptions are allowed. Gun ownership is minuscule, and so is gun crime.”. I find it, however, highly ironic that the Japanese make the video games that teach our children how to gun down others so well…

No comments: