Friday, September 7, 2007

The Shift

ttp://theshiftmovie.com/index2.html
If you haven't clicked on the link on my blog to view the movie The Shift, you can click the above link to watch it. Contrary to what I was saying previously about how the battle here in the streets at home was taking up my front burner, I still get discouraged by the seeming apathy regarding the war in Iraq around here. I know there are small groups that gather and do the best they can and there are certainly large groups of folks in DC who are working very hard as well. But when I visit the West Coast there are bumper stickers, signs, t-shirts everywhere with people speaking their minds and getting the word spread. I've felt intimidated here about bumper stickers. I have my one little "If You Want Peace Work For Justice" bumper sticker. My very conservative husband "approves" of that one. He was mighty unhappy with the one I used to have that said, "What's Our Oil Doing Under Their Soil?". I always think the snottier the better. Sooooooo, recently I've been seeing more and more cars with great stickers, this one yesterday was one of the best. I just happened to be at a red light behind her and got the pic. The day before I'd seen an older woman with "A Village In Texas Has Lost Their Idiot", a classic which I like 'specially 'cause they could also be referring to me just in a differn't way. Anne Lamott mentioned one in her book, "It's About 1/16,000,000,000th About You". I want to get that one, I love it. All these sightings have caused me to think about THE SHIFT, I really seeing it happening and today I'm encouraged. Check it out.

2 comments:

Julia said...

Okay, I agree with most of the bumper stickers....but why would we want to stop circumcision? That's just a little snip compared to our years of monthly cramps...not to mention those pesty polyps. Maybe there's something I don't know. Nah...

Mippie said...

What a great car!!! I saw one recently that made me sit a minute longer after the red light turned green so I could jot it down-- "I like your Christ. I don't like your Christians-they are so unlike your Christ" - Gandhi xo-Mellie