Friday, August 28, 2009

Peas and Carrots

Me and The Pink Cabbage are like peas and carrots...oh we get along. I just wanted to share some of my recent acquisitions from there starting with the above. The Swedish-style lamp came from the From The Heart part of The P.C. and it is the bestest thing I've found in a long time. I replaced my chandelier with it. I took down my chandelier and hardwired the lamp into the ceiling outlet, covered the chain and wires with cord cover and popped the lamp on the table. It is almost ceiling height and I love the unexpected look of a lamp in mid-table instead of a chandelier. And the colors and the...well you can see.
I've had this big clock that I've used as a table top for a long time but hadn't found the right bottom for it. Well, here it is!, from the Glad Nest part of the shop. It is so perfect that I was tempted to leave off the clock but I put it on anyway.
Additional cuteness is that the table has a shelf at the bottom for extra decor'. I got the mercury glass pedestal for a song at The Keeping Room at The P.C. and it adds a little "dress up" to the table.
I showed this before but I wanted to include it since it's part of my recent purchases there...my new kitchen "island". It's from From The Heart and I sooooooooooo heart it.
Every one's gotta have an antique typing table. I've had one or two over the last few years but this one was just right for Papa Bear's seat in the family room. Also from From The Heart.
Also from The Keeping Room is the plant stand I showed before but again wanted to point out how cute. I put it at the top of the stairs for a lamp then dressed it all up. It may seem like I'm in "retail therapy" mode which is somewhat true as you read why in my upcoming "A Story". But we are also going through a renovation with the floors being changed, walls changed, and the kitchen tiled, so some changes are necessary-hee hee.

1 comment:

Megan said...

I have to agree that shop is delightful! I'll post my findings on my blog one day this week. Great to meet you finally!