Tuesday, September 22, 2009

I think I said it but I'll make it clearer...

Yes, it's true, I'm going to Santa Fe on Thursday. I've never wanted to go to Santa Fe-no offense-I'm sure it's a great place but y'all know where I like to go when I leave town...Texas or Nebraska...especially this time of the year. But my mother insisted (I mean asked politely) that I meet her in SF for her birthday this year. Of course I can't say no; she depends on these trips to look forward to-that's a healthy thing, we all need that. And she "asked" me months ago before Paul's uncle moved in with us. I know I touched on that subject too but probably didn't go in depth. Robbie, Paul's 82 year old uncle, moved in with us from New York City about a month and a half ago. He's not doing well. We have someone coming in to stay with him while I'm gone (much guilt about being gone) and it seems that it will be better for him and they can do more than I've been able to. That's why you haven't seen much of me here is 'cause I been keeping an eye on Uncle Robbie during the day and so is Paul's dad, Art (91). Paul takes over at night. It's a lot for him. In a not-so-nice joking stress-relieving back and forth last week I told Paul I'd never wanted to visit somewhere so much in my life. But I still haven't mentioned that I'm stopping over in Texas on my way back for a couple of days. The plane makes a stop in Houston. I mean, really, I'm already in Houston, it would be crazy not to stay and see my middle baby in my hometown for, really, a day and a half. Go Southwest; they are sooooo easy to work with-love them. I think being from Texas will allow my mom and me to fit in very easily there. My mom's been there many times so I'm just going where pointed. Apparently it's been confirmed by more than one person that she does indeed know all the places to go. The photo above is of me from the back at the farm leaning on the fence...
...and from the front-same fence...of course you'll get to hear/see all about my trip.

2 comments:

Patrice said...

Hi Stephanie! While you're in Santa Fe, you must visit a shop called Doodlets on Don Gaspar - you will love it, I promise you! (How could the owner of Doojies not visit a place called Doodlets??) And don't miss eating at Pasqual's, a wonderful funky restaurant on the opposite corner from Doodlets. Make sure you to go the flea market outside of town. I ran into Ali MacGraw there at a table that was selling oilcloth by the yard! Oh, and DO NOT MISS the blue corn pinon nut pancakes at Tecolote Cafe. Try the prix fixe lunch at Geronimo's on Canyon Rd where all the art galleries are - it's fabulous and almost affordable at lunchtime! Have the best time! - Patrice

Doojies said...

Thanks so much, Patrice. I know I've heard my mom mention Pasqual's; my parents know/knew the best restaurants everywhere in America almost! I'll give Ali your regards. Can't wait to see Doodlets!!!!!!! Love, Stephanie