Wednesday, January 23, 2013

New creations for the new year

So I mentioned a couple of posts ago that since I'm not doing school this semester I wanted to spend my time creating.  These lamps are my favorite kind of project.  I love re-doing lamps.  These are true antique, lovely blue glass lamps that I bought on eBay. They came with the original cracked vinyl shades.  I re-wired the lamps, then stripped the shades, and had a lovely time adding the crystals, flowers, and ribbon.  I love the way they turned out.
Last weekend I covered and embellished some small address/memo/journal books, made some new hand mirrors, and Valentine hangers ("Find the key to your heart").

Same themes, different colors.
Similar themes, different colors.
I adore working with paper.  Recently I've gotten back into making memory boxes.  Love layers.
Okay, I made this "everyday" paper cake a little while back but had to add it-paper and embellishments-how fun is that?
I did just post a photo of this sweet box I made recently already but still wanted to include it here.
More boxes.  The one on the left is another cigar box, the right one is a small, whimsical one for gifts or a special touch in a perfect spot.
I've made gift baskets for years.  This year I decided to make Valentine boxes filled with Valentine goodies that can be used to keep your cards.  I recently read a quote that went something like this, "Art is the only way to run away without actually leaving." Amen.

No comments: