Friday, September 21, 2007

Caveat to "Rot roe Rorge" Post

Further explanation seems to be needed in my previous post saying I was dreading Fall coming. I love the cooler temps but things happen suddenly here. We had a couple of sweater days recently which is my clothing preference, but having moved here from California where the growing season is year-round, I always dread the cool weather coming right on the heels of just when I feel like the plants and flowers are maturing beautifully. If you look back at my Mother's Day post you'll see a lot more of this gate than you see now. I love that it's a full trellis now.A view from the other side showing Lampchop.
And Lampchop surrounded by mature vines and the fig tree which produced figs the first time this year.
And my favorite, Lantana. It's the last to be brought into the retail nurseries and the first to go, they are very cool sensitive.
And here's that culprit when I was looking for who dropped that first red leaf in the yard. I love the reds and oranges that our trees turn out here in the East but the pessimist in me knows that the next step is that they fall off and the trees are bare for several months. Living in California I missed the obvious changes of seasons but I still don't care for winter and snow. But this is beautiful, right?
Happy plants full of blooms have no idea what their soon-to-be-fate is.
This tree and the Crepe Myrtle really jumped up this year. Nice, full trees are our view out back with a field between them and our home back yard.
At least I've got it on record and can look back on these in the dead of winter. That's what makes Spring here oh so sweet.

No comments: