Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Finished Making Mel's House The Cutest in the World!

Not my best photo taking but you get the idea. Mel's mom removed all the wallpaper in the kitchen/eating area and Janine and I painted there and in the living room and hallway where they had a beautiful shade of sage green. There was nothing wrong with the way it looked; it was beautiful. But as we all know, we get tired of things even if they look good and just want a change. So one of Mel's greatest wishes was that I do dots on the big wall in the kitchen in the aqua blue we painted the wainscoting and it looks pretty darned cute.
I had finished the living room within the first round of two days painting so between then and her second stay in the hospital and my subsequent recovery from strep throat she had done a lot of redecorating with her special small pieces in addition to the big pieces that Kurt had moved around while she was in the hospital.
You can see how too cool she puts her great pieces up; great, special things well placed in unexpected places...perfect!
Sweet vignette in a small shelf in the kitchen.
Mellie and Kurt's special salt and pepper shaker collection. Pretty much everything displayed in her home has very special meaning which, in my humble professional decorating opinion, is just what decorating should be.
With touches of one-of-a-kind ideas.
Here's one of her main inspirations for the color scheme and decor for the kitchen area-one of Jenny and Aaron's pieces she was lucky enough to receive in a swap a while ago.
And a collage Hope made of one of her cards just for Mellie with all the colors also. I hope having these things done will let her enjoy her healing time off in her fabulous cottage 'cause that's what it's all about.

5 comments:

Tina(Taken over by her daughter, Nicole) said...

Love the dots!! you did a great job!! and the other stuff ain't too shabby!! looks great!

Recycled Rita said...

You are a really sweet friend! I hope she is healing well and you are over your strep!
karen b...
recycledrita.blogspot.com

Mippie said...

Oh Stephanie (step-mama)-

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! I feel like you've been doing not only the hard work in my house but all of my blog photography, too! I just keep linking over to you! Those dots are really the best-I am so glad I came up with the idea-all on my own-right after using your bathroom... :) xo-Mellie

Lori said...

Stephanie, i have a HUGE case of the warm fuzzies after seeing what you did for Mel and reading about how you are helping her when i visited her blog this morning...those polka dots could NOT be any darn cuter if they tried...you are a wonderful friend and Mel is SO lucky to have you...i love your pictures of Lucketts on your last post { you are too cute }, i wanna try and go next year!!!

Maija said...

You are so darling to have done this for Mel! Isn't she just so easy to love??