Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Being cheap has cost me all my hair!!!!

So I'm sitting on the porch today thinking that I should make an appointment to have my brows waxed and dyed and a pedicure. Somehow I went from that to going to CVS and buying a hair curling treatment for black hair, brought it home, slapped it on, then watched as my hair ran down the shower drain. So half of it fell all the way out...BALD...and the other half broke off to a nub. On top of that it stripped out all the color so without my temporary color (yes, they still make Roux rinse) my hair is orangy...I look like a rag doll that's been played with too hard then her head was shoved into an Easy Bake Oven. IT'S BAD. I went to Wal-Mart and got some big hair bands and along with the Pink Luster made for my now black hair mixed with the Roux, I might get away without having to shave it completely, but I'll have to try it a few days. I've got scarves and caps as backup. I just kept telling myself that it's not a brain tumor, easy to remember lately. It's just hair; it grows back. Any other "silver lining" cliques you want to add? Fiddle dee dee, tomorrow's another day...I need a new way to deal with my midlife crisis. The faux blue eyes were, I guess, not enough...maybe a wig...

7 comments:

Linda Jo said...

Oh my stars! I remember when my mother did that to her hair... she was in "beauty school" in the 50's. It did grow back!!! Yes...it is JUST HAIR. Put a lot of really good conditioner on it and eat well. I'm so sorry...but at least you have a good attitude!

Myrna said...

Ohmygosh! Well, I must say you have a wonderful attitude!! A silver lining saying? um...at least it's summer--you'll stay cooler...you don't have to worry about being late anywhere because you had to do your hair....Oh! I KNOW ONE!! "One day you'll look back on this and laugh"!
Thanks for sharing..I LOVE your blog--so entertaining and artistically (sp?) inspirational!!

Julia said...

Come on.......post a picture and we'll all send money! A couple of years ago, I bought a "frosting" kit and did it myself because I was cheap and had no time to get to the hair salon. My hair came out pumpkin orange at 8:30 at night. As I was racing to Walmart for a rinse...my hair salon lady was still at her place closing up. I pulled into the parking lot with screeching wheels and banged on her locked door. She helped me out but it took 2 days and a promise to her and God that I would never do that again. Lean in now for a little secret.....sometimes, I am tempted to do it again.......

Tina(Taken over by her daughter, Nicole) said...

OH NO~ do we need to send over the hair police??? You sound as if you were in a major violation...

Mippie said...

Oh you!

This is really bad to say but my bad hair experiences -and there were many-felt a lot worse than my Perry experience-once I realized I wasn't going to be shaved with a polka dotted head. In my hayday (sp?), I often imagined washing my hair down the drain! I don't have any silver lining sayings for you-but I have some really cute scarves-should you need them!

xo-Mellie

Empty Nest Estate Sales said...

Well...well...well...If not the cutiest little bald girl I've ever seen!

Scary Mommy said...

Oh no!!!! I've gone orange by mistake, but never this. OY!!!