Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Hobnobbing In NYC

Okay, finally, here's my last post about our trip to NYC for spring break.  I was waiting to unpack my goodies from my "rock star" experience so I could show photos of all, ergo, voila!  Here is the photo of me with none other than WENDY ADDISON at Tinsel Trading Company.  For y'all who aren't in the same art circle as I am and don't know who Wendy is, do yourself a favor and check out her link.  She is one of the first artists that Mary Engelbreit launched through her Home Companion Magazine, so I've been a big fan for a long time.  She walked through behind the counter of the store while I was working with the sales girl and I told the girl I though I had peed my pants a little.  The girl asked if I'd like to meet her and I said...umm...ya!  Wendy was very gracious about meeting me and then offered a photo op.  Oh hale yeah.

Here is one of the little "Wendy's" I got while there.
And finally out and up in my bedroom over the bathroom door where there's a little alcove with a shelf of some of my faves.  (Yes, I have numbers on all the doors in the house)
This is also another "Wendy" I got while at Tinsel Trading Co., the, umm, "vest" of lightweight metal in a light grey finish.  It took a little finessing to get it to fit on my favorite bust but I did it.  You can see more detail of it if you click on the photo and make it bigger; it's cool.  And Tinsel is a huge candy store for artists, love going there whenever we're in town. 

No comments: