Monday, July 30, 2007

Friday, Part Two

On our way into the city to see the show we stopped at In-n-Out Burger AGAIN (no, there are not too many times to eat there when you don't have one at home). Then Paul dropped Matt and I off at the Gaming Room in the M&M building. We got a pass for all the games which were very interactive. This one was very cool as you were in this bubble that felt like you were actually (as far as I know) in a helicopter. You could fire and the thing would shake. When I did it I kept accidentally crashing my chopper and the thing would shake like mad. I was fortunate enough to not get the same program as Matt when I did it. When he did it (he didn't realize at the time) he was shooting wildly at Arabs, robes and all. Just one of endless amounts of social observations you can make here. This was one of the most bizarre for me. For Matt it was a new level of Nirvana! (I explained the social aspects to him later and he agreed) This was another chopper-type only it was a race car. They had very clear, realistic graphics, when I went on the Harley I got very dizzy.
Then it was off to one of the most fabulous experiences of my life, Cirque du Soliel Love. It was indescribable. You must hop a plane asap and see it. It was like going to a live Beatles concert with the visuals of the wonderful Cirque.
After the show we hit the gift shop right outside the theater entrance. No one wanted to loose the mood. Everyone was singing and dancing with everyone else, stranger or not, singing at the top of their lungs to all the Beatles songs that were piped in there. It was a fabulous bubble that no one wanted to burst.
I got a t-shirt, Paul a program, and Matt a cap so we each got a little piece of it to take along with us.

No comments: