Monday, July 30, 2007

Sunday, If I should die today make sure my family knows that...

Matt and I have been doing the, "If I die today make sure my family knows..." game. So the start of "if" was that we had breakfast at Denny's, which is always a good day. But the real "if" for me is always if I've had bacon. But I declared, "If I die today make sure that my family knows that I had bacon with eggs and hashbrowns". The day ended with, "Make sure they know that I got to have TWO Whataburgers". There are no Whataburgers near us just as In-n-Out, usually we have to go to California for In-n-Out and Texas for Whataburgers but here we got both plus Denny's and IHOP!!!! How lucky can one girl get? Oh yeah, a Scholtzy's would put the cherry, but I totally satisfied with the Sunday Sundae. We passed this little quaint cafe on the road, The Road Kill Cafe. It seemed so intriguing but we we're sure if they actually served road kill or if unsuspecting tourist became part of the menu...we steered clear.
But we were obviously on a very cool road...
Oh yeah, lest I forget, tell my family that I GOT TO SEE THE GRAND CANYON BEFORE MY 50TH BIRTHDAY!!!!! And I'm turning 50 pretty soon and have always wanted to see it and, wow, what else can a person say?, wow.
The first site of it made my heart melt then fill with such joy. If you haven't been there, there's no way to give it justice through voice or photos only personal experience.
We drove through a horrendous storm on the way. Blinding rain and just as we turned off the freeway to eat at Denny's it started to hail. It reminded me of the summer storms we used to get in Wyoming. Torrential rain accompanied by hail so hard it looks like it has just snowed for a few minutes after. BUT it doesn't FEEL like snow, it hurts! We were surrounded by storms but got to the Grand Canyon before another storm hit so we got to walk around and see a lot while gradually watching the storm come at us from across the canyon. It was fabulous, made it even more dramatic, the thunder, lighting, and the view of the rain coming towards us. We ended up at a lookout lodge where we could experience the storm in a safe location.
What a great day! We had left the hotel about 7:30 a.m. and returned at 8:30 p.m. Matt and I were done, Paul still had the energy and desire to hit the city to see Fremont Street. He was very happy with his experience there, lots o' lights and visuals. One more day then we're back to reality...

No comments: